Suggestions from the Children's Room
1. "If available more American Girl DVD's or books." We just received all six of the new Rebecca, American Girl books by Jacqueline Greene. We also purchased Molly, An American Girl and Samantha, An American Girl on DVD. We'll watch for more movies as they are released and if you have specific titles, please let us know!
2. "Video games on every table, chocolate cookies and milk, and koolaid fountains." I would love a koolaid fountain! But it's not very practical for the library, think of all the red stained books :(
3. "You should get a pokemon movies." We have purchased more Pokemon! We have the Rise of Darkrai and Pokemon: Battle Frontier Vol. 1 on DVD.
4. "You should get more pokemon books." We recently purchased Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventure Vol. 1-4 and The Pokedex:The Official Pokemon Guide. The reason the library does not have a larger collection is because Pokemon books are not frequently sold in hardcover editions and we try to buy as few paperbacks as possible. However, we will keep looking for additional titles.
5. "I think you should put signs above the book categories like "vidios" above vidios." We do have some signs pointing out the different collections of books (ie: Early Readers, J-Fiction, J-Non-Fiction, New Picture Books, Graphic Novels, etc) but we do not have signs for different categories because the books are arranged by the author's last name and not by subject.
6. "magic pickle books" We purchased Magic Pickle and the Planet of the Grapes, Magic Pickle VS. The Egg Poacher, Magic Pickle and the Garden of Evil, Magic Pickle and the Creature from the Black Legume. Enjoy!
7. "You Should add more fancy nancys books" We're working on it! We have 10 of the Fancy Nancy books (both early readers and picture books) but we do not have the Fancy Nancy books that are released only as paperback editions. The newest Fancy Nancy Book, Fancy Nancy's Splendiferous Christmas is on order and will be here before Christmas!
8. "pokemon the rise of dark ri movie." We bought it! If you can't find it on the shelf, ask the librarian at the desk to put it "on hold" for you.
9. "You could start something where every week you could have a reading group for girls and guys. You could meet every week like tuesdays and people would sign up and take turns reading the book that you are reading." This sounds like an excellent idea and a lot of fun! I know they do something similar to this at Geneseo Central School during the year. Maybe we could try this here during the summer months.
10. "Get a library cat! (not a book!)" We would enjoy a library cat. Unfortunately, it would be difficult to keep the cat in the building because so many people are going in and out all the time. We also have an alarm system that would go off at night every time the cat moved :-) We do have two lovely neighbor cats that like to greet everyone that comes in! They both love people and enjoy being petted.
11. "bye the book flour babies and have more books on some of the summer reading lists." We would love to have more books on the summer reading lists! The challenge is getting all the lists each year from the different teachers and schools.
12. "1). More advertisements to make people want to read more. 2). on the computers people can only use it for reshurch. 3). if people don't know how to read have a reading program. We do want to encourage people to read more and having a reading program sounds like a good idea!
13. "more fairy tales, chairs, mor activities" We are slowly adding more fairy tales and we just moved them to new shelving. Hopefully, they will be easier to find now. More chairs would also be nice but we just don't have space for them :(
14. "My idea to make the library better is to help people to read better And persuade people to read." Excellent idea!
15. "you should mark an "R" on romace novels. A lot of people like them." We have talked about putting stickers on the books to tell what they are (romance, westerns, mysteries, etc.) but we would need many different labels and it would be very difficult to label everything correctly (some books are both a mystery and a romance). If you want romance books and are having trouble finding them make sure to ask the librarian at the desk and she will be able to help you.
16. "more romans" See number 15 :-)
17. Say wat books are wich (label shelves with author's name or titles.) This would be very difficult to do because the books shift so much. They are not always on the same shelf. However, all of the fiction books are alphabetical by the author's last name. If you're not sure of the author's name just ask!
18. "More doll people." I think we have the entire series except for The Meanest Doll in The World." I will check and see.
19. "war of the worlds on DVD with Tom Cruise" I will recommend this to the Director. In the meantime we can order it for you from another library!
20. "It would be nice if the programs in the summer were held in the mornings instead of afternoons. I have small children and they take naps - so we were not able to participate in any programs from 2-4 time frame. Thank You." Unfortunately, we do not offer programs in the mornings (other than story hour) because it conflicts with the Geneseo Summer Rec. program. Depending on attendance in the future maybe we will be able to offer more morning programs.
21. "the library is cool and quiet." Thank You!
22. "let people chek out 4 movies." The reason we only check out three movies per card is so that there are enough movies on the shelf for people to browse. If we didn't limit the number of movies checked out there wouldn't be any on the shelves. As the collection gets bigger maybe the policy will change and you will be able to take four movies at a time.
23. "The Secert of Moonacre." We're having a difficult time finding this DVD. Do you know where we could purchase a copy?
24. "let us check out Books for 3 weeks." You can check out books for 3 weeks!
25. "Get more fancy nancy, more activities." See number 7.
26. "more basketball books." Ok!
27. "more arthur movies (a lot more!)" We're working on this! They are hard to find on Amazon, so I will check some stores to see if they have them.
28. "mack library cards 50 cents." I will let the Director know of your request.
29. "How about a mother/daughter or father/son book club?" I think that's a great idea and I would love to do one! Possibly over the summer or in conjunction with the school?
30. "get DS Games and PSP games and more movies." We are adding Wii games to the collection but at the moment that is the only format. Our budget is small and it is hard to buy games in all formats, however, you can place holds on games and have them sent here from other libraries for you. Almost anything that you can find in the catalog you can have sent here.
New movies arrive at the library every month, if you don't see what you are looking for let us know!
31. "Biger space for children to look at books." This would be wonderful. We know that it can get very crowded in the children's room. Unfortunately, without putting an addition on the building we can't have more space.
32. "New Arther movies." See number 27.
33. "Where's Waldo books and more I spy Books." We'll see what we can do!
34. " MORE ARTHER." See number 27.